Speaker: Date: Topic
Joseph D. Zibrak, MD
Dec. 21, 2016
Current Concepts in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Director of Medical Education and Committee Members have indicated they have no relevant financial interests or relationships to disclose. Joseph D. Zibrak, MD, Faculty, has the following relevant financial or other relationships to disclose: Advisor, Clinical Research - Boehringer Ingelheim and Advisor, Clinical Research - Hoffman La Roche.
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Think IPF when you hear crackles in the lungs on PE of patients >55 years old without history of CHF.
2. Get hi-res CT to assess patients with progressive dyspnea and no history of heart disease.
3. Refer early to IPF Center because early initiation of therapy improves outcomes.
Objectives of the Presentation
Participants should be able to:
- Understand how patients present with pulmonary fibrosis.
- Recognize the role of CT Scanning in the diagnosis of IPF.
- Recognize indications for specialty referral.
- Review new treatments for IPF.
PDF of the PowerPoint Presentation
The PDF is not available.
Responsibility for Content
The Take-Away points, Objectives, and Disclosures were sent by Medical Library Services and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist