Speaker: Date: Topic
Diane E. Young, MLS
Jan 6, 2016
Online Resources @ BIDMC and Harvard
Objectives of the Presentation
Participants should be able to:
- Log into and use the HMS Countway Online Digital Library
- Locate the BIDMC Knowledge Services Home Page and utilize its resources.
- Locate the BID-Needham Medical Library Home Page and utilize its resources.
Responsibility for Content
The PowerPoint presentation, Take-Away points, and Objectives were sent by Medical Library Services and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Physicians with a Harvard ID should learn how to acquire a PIN No. or a HarvardKey, so that they can access the HMS Countway Online Digital Library.
2. Only Harvard-affiliated physicians can access the Countway Online Digital Library. Other staff members should contact Diane Young if they need articles or chapters that are on the Digital Library. Her e-mail address is: email@example.com
3. The BIDMC Online Journals list has approximately 1500 online full-text journals. The HMS Countway Online Digital Library has approximately 6000 online full-text journals. However, BIDMC Online has many journals that are not on the Countway Online Digital Library.
4. You do NOT need a user name and password to access any of the BIDMC Online Journals.
5. The BIDMC Knowledge Services Home Page provides many useful resources, and BIDN staff should learn how to access it.