Speakers: Date: Topic
Andrew D. Schwartzman, MD; Deborah Wayler, MD; Robb Friedman, MD
Jan. 29, 2014
Case Presentation: Differential Diagnosis (MGUS and Multiple Myeloma)
Responsibility for Content
The WebEx broadcast, take-away points, and article links were sent by the Medical Library and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Utility of a key diagnostic test(s) in the work up of undifferentiated clinical diseases.
2. Treatment of a specific disease entity, including newer treatment paradigms available to a large academic medical center.
3. Treatment of complications associated with this specific disease entity.
Links to Articles Cited in the Presentation
- Blade J: Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance. NEJM 2006;355(26):2765-70.
- Kotla V et al: Mechanism of action of lenalidomide in hematological malignancies. J Hematol Oncol 20
- Kyle RA et al: Prevalence of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance. NEJM 2006;354(13):1
- Palumbo A & Anderson K: Multiple myeloma. NEJM 2011;364(11):1046-60.