Speaker: Date: Topic
Mariah Samara, MD
Dec 3, 2014
Hoarseness and Voice Disorders
Responsibility for Content
The PowerPoint presentation, take-away points and article links were sent by the Medical Library and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
- Hoarseness and voice disorders can have a significant impact on QOL, productivity in the workplace.
- Timely diagnosis and treatment is important both in cases of benign and malignant pathology.
- Visualization of the larynx is essential for diagnosis.
- It is never too early to consider visualization, particularly in high-risk patients.
- Visualization should always be performed within three months of onset of symptoms.