Speaker: Date: Topic
John R. Pettinato, D.O.
June 1, 2016
Diagnosis and Management of Medication Overuse Headache
Objectives of the Presentation
Participants should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical significance of medication overuse headache.
- Recognize the most common overused medications.
- Design a simple medication overuse treatment plan.
Director of Medical Education and Committee Members have indicated they have no relevant financial interests or relationships to disclose. Faculty has indicated no relevant financial interests or relationships to disclose.
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Always ask patients if they have more than one headache type.
2. Counsel patients to use acute treatment no more than twice a week.
3. It takes three months for medication overuse headache to develop.
Links to Abstracts of Articles Cited (contact Diane Young for full-text articles at email@example.com)
PDF of the PowerPoint Presentation
WebEx Video of the Presentation
Not available at this time
Pre- and Post-Test Questions
Not available at this time.
Responsibility for Content
The PowerPoint presentation, Take-Away points, Objectives, Disclosures, and Abstract links were sent by Medical Library Services and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist