Speaker: Date: Topic
Asghar Naqvi, MD MPH MNS
June 19, 2013
Nutrition and Commonly Encountered Chronic Diseases
Responsibility for Content
The take-away points and article links were sent by the Medical Library and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Lecture
1. Most causes of morbidity and mortality can be prevented and/or mitigated by nutritional modifications.
2. A useful nutritional assessment by clinicians usually takes less than 2 minutes.
3. Clinicians who apply lifestyle modifications to their own lives are better equipped to counsel patients.
Links to Articles Cited in the Presentation
- Appel LJ et al: A clinical trial of the effects of dietary patterns on blood pressure. DASH Collabor
- Estruch R et al: Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease with a Mediterranean diet. NEJM 2013 A
- Lim SS et al: A comparative risk assessment of burden of disease and injury attributable to 67 risk
- Mozaffarian D et al: Changes in diet and lifestyle and long-term weight gain in woman and men. NEJM
Obtaining the PowerPoint Presentation
Contact Lauren Oliva at email@example.com