Speaker: Date: Topic
Manuel Hidalgo, MD, PhD
Feb 15, 2017
An Update on Pancreas Cancer Management and Research
Objectives of the Presentation
Participants should be able to:
- Review the standard key epidemiological and clinical aspects of pancreas cancer.
- Provide and update on management of the disease.
- Discuss emergent research areas in this disease.
Responsibility for Content
The PowerPoint presentation, Take-Away points, Objectives, Disclosures, and Abstract links were sent by Medical Library Services and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Pancreas cancer is an important cause of cancer related death.
2. Surgery is the only curative treatment.
3. Post-operative chemotherapy improves survival.
4. Systemic chemotherapy improves survival in patients with advanced disease.
5. Precision medicine and immune oncology are actively investigated in this disease.
Links to Abstracts of Articles Cited (contact Diane Young for full-text articles at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director of Medical Education and Committee Members have indicated they have no relevant financial interests or relationships to disclose. Faculty has indicated the following financial interests/relationships: Founder and stock holder Champions Oncology, Inc.; Research support from Celgene, Oncomed, and Pfizer; Honorarium from Celgene and Oncomed; Royalties from PALB2 patent.