Speaker: Date: Topic
Jonathan S. Hausmann, MD
Oct. 26, 2016
Leveraging Social Media to Become a Better Physician
Objectives of the Presentation
Participants should be able to:
- Describe how hospitals, patients and physicians are using social media for personal and professional use.
- Identify opportunities for learning using social media.
- Understand how using social media can help advance your career.
Director of Medical Education and Committee Members have indicated they have no relevant financial interests or relationships to disclose. Faculty has indicated no relevant financial interests or relationships to disclose.
Responsibility for Content
The PowerPoint presentation, Take-Away points, Social Media links, Objectives, and Abstract links were sent by Medical Library Services and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Social media has changed the way in which patients and physicians interact.
2. Social media can be used as a wonderful resource for continuing education.
3. Social media can help in your professional development and career advancement.
4. Social media can help you stay up to date, connect with colleagues and patients, collaborate, teach, learn, express yourself, promote yourself, develop an expertise, do research, etc..
Dr. Jonathan S. Hausmann's Site Which Explains Social Media Use
Follow Dr. Jonathan S. Hausmann on Twitter
Stanford Medicine X YouTube Video
Links to Abstracts of Articles Cited (contact Diane Young for full-text articles at email@example.com)
Marketing & Communications Specialist, BID-Needham
Michael Raciti, Mrktg & Commun Spec