Speaker: Date: Topic
Ryan Friedberg, MD
Nov. 13, 2013
Common and Uncommon Running Injuries
Responsibility for Content
The take-away points, powerpoint presentation, and article links were sent by the Medical Library and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. Be aware of stress fractures, as x-rays will not always show an acute stress fracture.
2. Anterior knee pain ("runner's knee") is very common with the most common cause being lack of quadriceps strength and maltracking.
Links to Articles Pertinent to the Presentation
- Lopes AD et al: What are the main running-related musculoskeletal injuries? A systematic review. Spo
- Nielsen RO et al: Training errors and running related injuries: a systematic review. Int J Sports Ph
- Oser SM et al: Evaluation and treatment of biking and running injuries. Prim Care 2013;40(4):969-86.
- van Gent RN et al: Incidence and determinants of lower extremity running injuries in long distance r