Speaker: Date: Topic
David A. Cohen, MD
May 13, 2015
Male Hypogonadism: Who to Test, How to Evaluate, and Who to Treat
Responsibility for Content
The PowerPoint presentation, Take-Away points, and Article links were sent by Medical Library Services and the CME Committee.
Diane E. Young, Information Specialist
Take-Away Points of the Presentation
1. There is clear benefit in treating clearly androgen deficient men.
2. Treatment of those with mild deficiency, elderly with low testosterone, and those with cardiovascular disease or risk factors is less clear.
3. Evidence regarding efficacy and safety of testosterone supplementation is mixed.
4. Patients should be notified of potential risk prior to initiation of treatment.
5. Large, prospective randomized controlled trial is necessary to definitively assess the effects of testosterone therapy on CV events and mortality.